There’s a chill in the air now that we’re inching toward winter, and some may be breaking out their space heaters to cut down on their power or gas bills.
But a fire department in Oregon has a scary warning for those who depend on supplemental heat: Stay safe and don’t use a power strip, KATU reported.
Firefighters at Umatilla County Fire District #1 posted a warning on their Facebook page showing what could happen if power strips are used with space heaters.
- Baby held at gunpoint during violent home invasion
- Cousin of suspected New Kensington cop killer now charged
- New Matt Lauer accuser says he sexually assaulted her in his office, New York Times reports
- VIDEO: Eat'n Park's One Day One Dollar campaign
The post has been shared more than 22,000 times.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.