BEAVER FALLS, Pa. - A "questionable substance" found in a Beaver County school has led the district to cancel classes there for Monday.
According to a Facebook post from the Blackhawk School District, Highland Middle School will be closed and all in-building activities are canceled for that day.
Staff found something this week in the kitchen that prompted them to check the air quality and have a study done by a certified company in the kitchen area.
While waiting for the results, the district consulted with a professional biohazard cleanup company that found the substance in other locations in the cafeteria, according to the post.
A certified air quality remediation company is now inspecting the entire building.
"It is our hope that this will be contained to a day or two," the post said.
- FLOOD WARNING issued as heavy rain continues to fall
- SUV found on bridge leads police to arrest 21-year-old woman
- Chick-fil-A responds to ‘incredibly disturbing video' of worker attacking man in restaurant
- VIDEO: Inmate found dead at Allegheny County Jail
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.