The procession route for fallen Officer Brian Shaw’s funeral on Wednesday has been announced.
Rolling road closures will extend from Rusiewicz Funeral Home in Lower Burrell to Mount Saint Peter Church in New Kensington, then from the church to Greenwood Cemetery, according to the Lower Burrell Volunteer Fire Company.
Closures will begin along Leechburg Road as the procession leaves the funeral home and heads west down Leechburg Road and onto Freeport Road to the church for the 10 a.m. funeral mass.
- What we know about Rahmael Sal Holt, the suspected killer of police Officer Brian Shaw
- Police seek woman as person of interest in New Kensington officer's deadly shooting
- What we know about fallen Officer Brian Shaw
- VIDEO: Mel Tillis, Country Music Hall Of Famer, Dead At 85
After the ceremony, the procession will head back the same way, past the funeral home and continuing onto Leechburg Road/Route 56 in front of Burrell High School. The procession will continue to Melwood Road and into the cemetery.
Those closures will only be in effect as the procession passes through.
There will be longer-term closures in the streets near the church, as well as temporary no-parking zones.
A memorial fund has been set up for Officer Brian Shaw. You can donate by going to any First National Bank or sending a check to:
- First National Bank
- c/o Officer Brian Shaw Memorial Fun
- 110 Burrell Plaza
- Lower Burrell, PA 15068
© 2018 Cox Media Group.